Thank you for booking your wedding ceremony and/or photography with us! We promise to do our best for you! You should have already received a confirmation text confirming your wedding appointment for a certain date and time. This Terms of Provided Services details the methods of payment we accept and also some additional information in order for us to better serve you. It also sets out some parameters of our agreement with you. We have probably already discussed your particular wedding date in detail, but there are a couple of additional items we need to cover. Please read through them carefully and let us know if you have questions.
1. MARRIAGE LICENSE. Be sure that you have your marriage license and that you have it with you on your wedding day. It is illegal for us to perform a marriage ceremony without a license. When we arrive for your wedding ceremony the first thing we are going to ask for (after saying hello of course!) is your marriage license.
2. PAYMENT. Due to the increasing number of last minute cancellations and late arrivals, we now require a deposit or payment in full at the time of booking. Why? Because you are paying us for our time and expertise and we are reserving a set date and time for your wedding. Most likely we will not be able to book another couple for that date and time if you cancel. IMPORTANT: Your appointment is NOT confirmed until we receive your deposit payment.
Payment of any balance due of the quoted fee is required the day before the ceremony is scheduled to take place.
Minimum Required Deposit Amounts
- $90 if your scheduled wedding day is in less than 30 days.
- $50 if your wedding date is more than 30 days in the future.
DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE!
How to Make Payment
- You can Zelle us your payment to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- CashApp it to “$TheMarriageNotary”
- Venmo it to “@Jack-Heape-1”
- You can also mail us a check to P.O. Box 25081, Columbia, SC 29224. If you mail us a check please let us know so we can watch out for its arrival.
IMPORTANT! Please be sure to label any payment with the name we scheduled you and your ceremony date so that we can properly credit you. Thanks!
3. START TIME. Be sure your wedding ceremony starts at the scheduled time. Your appointment is scheduled for the time the ceremony is supposed to begin, NOT the time when everyone starts arriving and we begin sometime later after that. We usually arrive at least 10-15 minutes early for even the smallest ceremony or signing, and even earlier for larger weddings (usually one hour). We often may have multiple weddings scheduled on any given day. We understand that things happen and that your ceremony may start a little late. But, if the ceremony starts over 15 minutes late, there will be an additional charge of $20 for every 15 minute period past the scheduled start time. We also reserve the right to refuse to officiate your ceremony if you have not arrived within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time, or if the ceremony does not begin within 30 minutes of the scheduled start time. Any payments you will have made are non-refundable. You paid us for our time and we were present at the scheduled time. Usually we build in some extra leeway but sometimes ceremonies can run really late and it isn’t fair to another scheduled couple for us to be late for their wedding. However, if we arrive late and you have to wait for over 30 minutes to begin your ceremony, then we will perform your ceremony for free and will refund your payment. Fair is fair.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY. Life happens. Sometimes you need to cancel. We understand that. Please let us know as soon as possible if you do need to cancel your appointment. All payments and deposits are non-refundable! Why? It is because we have blocked out a particular day and time for you and there is little likelihood that we will be able to fill that time slot with another couple the closer we get to your scheduled date. However, if we do subsequently schedule someone else for a date and time that you had to cancel, then we will gladly refund your payment.
We look forward to helping you create the best day possible to celebrate your wedding. If you have any questions please give us a call at 803-446-3405. Thank you.
Terms updated June 12, 2022 at 9am EST