State of South Carolina
- License Fee: Varies by county.
- Minimum Age: (16).
- Minor applicants must have parental consent and present a certified or original birth certificate.
- The parents of minor(s) must provide Identification.
- Waiting Period: There is a (24) twenty-four hour waiting period after the application is made before the license can be picked up and the parties can be married.
- This waiting period varies from county to county, so please contact the appropriate county Probate Judge’s office at least a week before you plan to get married.
- License Validity: There is no expiration date for a South Carolina marriage license.
- Blood Test: Not Required.
- Residency: Not Required.
- Witnesses: South Carolina does not require a witness to the marriage.
Where to go: