South Carolina Justice of the Peace

Justice of the Peace replaced by Notaries

I receive many calls from couples looking for a Justice of the Peace (JOP). That position does not exist anymore in South Carolina.

justice of the peace

If you need your marriage license signed call us at 803-446-3405

After  couples receive their marriage license many of them search for a JOP to marry them. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a JOP in South Carolina anymore. The position has been phased out and the last justice of the peace retired in 2008. Notaries and municipal judges have taken over the roles once provided by justices.

completed south carolina marriage license

If you need to have your marriage license signed, a notary can perform that task. We offer this service and have married many couples with just a simple signing ceremony.

Please give us a call at 803-446-3405 if you need your marriage license completed.